Chef Supervisor - The Brasserie
Are you ready to join an award winning, highly commended restaurant? Due to its success the Brasserie is increasing its opening hours and has an exciting new role available for a Chef/Supervisor (Kitchen based) at its training restaurant within the Bletchley campus of Milton Keynes College.
Reporting into the Kitchen Manager, the responsibilities of the role will include the supervision of the restaurant kitchen along with students working within it. A Level 2 qualification in professional cookery (or relevant industry experience) is essential. The role will provide the ideal opportunity to gain skills as well as training others. There will also be the opportunity to attend work experience placements and other career development opportunities whilst working in the role.
More about the Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Location: The Brasserie Restaurant (Bletchley Campus)
Hours: 37 hours per week 52 weeks per year (The role will involve evening and weekend work)
Salary: £22, 000 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Interview date: TBC
As a successful candidate, you will have…
- Relevant vocational qualification at level 2 or above in professional cookery or relevant industry experience
- L1/2 Food Safety Certificate
- Customer Service training
- Have a good working knowledge and awareness of a broad range of catering practices and principles
- Have proven experience in a supervisory/managerial position working in a restaurant.
- Have proven experience of prioritising and managing own workload effectively, and have good organisational skills
- Be able to deal with customer facing queries in a professional manner
- Be able to display a professional image and manner and have the ability to implement high standards of customer care
- Have current knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and able to promote outstanding health and safety practice
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Commitment to students and students’ success
- Strong influencing skills and willingness to collaborate and co-operate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexibly and enjoy learning and helping others to learn, supporting staff and students.
- Knowledge of ICLT and/or willing to learn
More about the CollegeMilton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.