BTEC Business Lecturers
BTEC Business Lecturers – Part Time (0.6 - 22.2 hours) – Permanent – Brock Main Site – £19,809 - £36,119 pa (pro rata)
Are you a motivated teacher with a business background who is keen to teach business mainly at level 3 to the highest standards?
Are you a positive, innovative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for providing high quality teaching to students?
If so, Brockenhurst College are looking for a BTEC business teacher to join their Computer Science, IT & Business curriculum area at the Brockenhurst main site. They are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to teach a range of business units and join a team committed to high standards of teaching, learning and assessment.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, then please apply today!
We are a high-achieving college, attracting around 2,500 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses with excellent facilities. The business team teaches level 2 and level 3 students on the BTEC business courses and has been graded as excellent for a number of years.
As a teacher in the business team you will have the responsibility of continually improving the learning experience and achievement of our students through effective teaching and learning. You will teach, assess and IV on a range of BTEC units, including: Accounting, Law, HR, Marketing, Management, Administration, Retail and/or Logistics. The exact units will depend on curriculum needs as well as your knowledge and experience – you will not be expected to teach all of these. You will be responsible for preparing and assessing student work and monitoring progress towards individual targets. You will also have the responsibility of keeping records and providing timely reports to learners, parents and college managers, as appropriate. This post may suit a candidate with aspirations of becoming Lead IV and course leader for this subject area.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area of business
- Teacher training qualification or evidence of working towards the completion of this
- Ability to manage learners effectively
- Ability to teach a range of abilities from Levelto Level 3
- Ability to develop effective learning resources
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area
- Flexible, adaptable, positive and enthusiastic approach to teaching
- Excellent organisational, communication, teaching and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong commitment to meet the needs of students
If this exciting business teaching opportunity is something you are interested in please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for all submissions is Thursday 17th May 2018 with interviews taking place in the week 21st – 25th May.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
- Teaching qualification or working towards it
- Degree in Business or similar
- Up to date CPD and industry experience
- Teaching experience
- IV experience
- Teaching experience at level 3 business e.g. BTEC units
Special Knowledge and Training
- Knowledge and understanding to teach a range of business units
Abilities, skills and personal qualities
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to handle pressure of deadlines and conflicting requirements
- Develop eLearning resources
- Computer literate – esp. Microsoft Office
- Experience of using accounting software
- Up to date knowledge of legal frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy with and strong commitment to meeting the needs of individual students and staff
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Willingness to undertake professional development
- Commitment to the ethos of continuous improvement and excellence