Domiciliary care worker
Pegail Care LTD is currently recruiting carers to support our venerable clients, many of whom are elderly. We are a domiciliary agency which provides care in people’s homes, so staff will be travelling from house to house providing personal care.
Drivers are preferred and necessary local knowledge of BASILDON, BILLERICAY AND WICKFORD and surrounding areas is an advantage.
Pegail Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
Our calls start from 7.00am to 21.00pm, 7 days a week; You will not be required to work 7 days a week!
- Warm, approachable and enthusiastic character.
- Willingness to adapt to the changing demands of our clients.
- Be compassionate and respectful.
- Have a Drivers Licence
Experience is great but 60% of our team had no experience in care before joining us so it is definitely not essential.We treat our care staff the way they should be treated - as professional people undertaking a difficult but rewarding role in our community.The only requirement we have on hours is that you work at least every other weekend. This does not have to be all weekend - it could be in the mornings/afternoons or afternoons/ evenings or overnight.Please contact us to have a chat about a rewarding career in Health & Social Care
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide care and support to clients in their own homes.
- To observe and promote the Client’s individual choice, independence, dignity, privacy, fulfillment and other rights
- To create and maintain good professional relationships with Clients, their family and friends and other stakeholder
- To actively support the business and other team members
- To abide to all statutory and regulatory obligations and policies, procedures and guidelines of the company.
- To maintain a culture of performance and excellence
Qualifications and Skills
- Drivers license is required.
- 1 year care experience acceptable but not necessary as full training is given.
- Extensive training and support.
- Holiday pay