Teacher - HE Sports Therapy - Activate Learning
Planning & organising
· Teach, train and assess sports students and other client groups to quality standards set by the College, acting as course tutor to full-time and part-time groups and other student and trainees with the associated organisation, administration, and monitoring of attendance including the collection of data for course evaluation.
- Monitor and support students’ academic progress, including collection and follow up on attendance and punctuality, early leaver and destinations data,
- Participate in demonstrations and practical activities with students and trainees on all courses.
Communicating and Coaching
- Counsel students and maintain discipline as required.
Teamwork & team development
- Work as part of a team within your Faculty, participating in student recruitment, including interviewing, attendance at shows and careers conventions, open days and other events, and attend team and college meetings and undertake staff development activities.
- Undertake any other duties as required and would be reasonably expected commensurate with the post. This may include either the temporary or permanent re-deployment to an equivalent grade or post within the organisation.
Compliance and quality management
- Comply with course administrative requirements, keeping records of work, schemes of work, lesson plans, assessment schedules, registers, and student details.
- Participate in Internal Verification; contribute to target setting, RAGG ratings and auditing monitoring processes.
- Accompany students on visits, field trips and similar activities in line with the College’s policy and code of practice for educational visits.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation is observed, including completion and adherence to risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Accident reports.
Innovation & development
- Participate in curriculum development meet the needs of changing industrial demand and curriculum planning.
Environment and Culture
- To ensure that all learners, parents and colleagues receive exemplary service and attention at all times.