Course Team Leader - Bricklaying
The Construction Team at Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a knowledgeable and skilled Bricklaying professional.
As a Course Team Leader for Bricklaying, you will be working collaboratively within the wider Built Environment team.
Students studying for a career in the Bricklaying industry will benefit from your invaluable hands-on experience and gain the knowledge they need to enter the construction industry whilst learning in a safe and industry standard environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates within the Bricklaying and building industry, who are interested in starting a career within teaching, and want to share their bricklaying industry knowledge with bright and enthusiastic students.
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays pro rata, per annum;
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment;
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub;
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses;
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme;
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme;
- Plus many more…
Location: Chaffron Way Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £29,520 per annum
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018
As a desirable candidate, you will have…
- A level 3 Bricklaying qualification
- A recognised full teaching qualification or the willing to work towards
- Up to date knowledge in a relevant Bricklaying discipline/ subject area
- Proven industry experience of Construction trades, and be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of this industry
- Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of students and be willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.