Commercial BDM (External) AVAYA
Westcon-Comstor is recruiting a new Commercial BDM (External) to grow one of our key vendor AVAYA ansd support our partners. Commercial BDM will provide product management & sales engagement to resellers. Understand vendor strategy & goals. Key in developing aligned strategies for the benefit of Westcon. Participate in the execution of sales and marketing plans UK wide.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Identify and establish new customer accounts (e.g., call dormant accounts, cold call, obtain leads from vendors)
* Maintain and grow business with existing accounts
* Support internal sales in managing account administration
* Consult with customers in selling and supporting Westcon products and services
* Provide product presentations and sales training for assigned accounts
* Manage demo stock requirements and evaluation stock
* Prepare partner plans and execute directly
* Identify cross selling opportunities within Westcon's products and services portfolio
* Create value add opportunities for Westcon
* Develop relationships with Vendor Account Management Teams
* Keep customers up-to-date with product-related information
* Coordinate with training, marketing, business development, and product management to effectively support the customer
* Establish productive vendor relations to ensure quality of service to customers
* Maintain up-to-date profiles on accounts showing revenue projects and quotas
* Gain general understanding of customer business and strategic plans as they relate to Westcon products and services
* Maintain relevant account information on CRM.
* Monitor performance of allocated accounts and identify areas of opportunity
* Provide support in sales presentations, products demonstrations, customer training, and solution delivery
* Consult with appropriate internal resources for guidance and support in serving customers
* Provide & manage forecasts into Product Manager
* Work at customer sites as part of engagement strategy
* Attend customer meetings as required, including any additional Westcon support as required ie: Presales
* Ensure forecasts are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepare business development plans for account set.
* Attend relevant internal and external product training
* Meet all reporting deadlines with accuracy (e.g., call reporting, pipeline reporting, etc).
* Attend all required internal and external meetings
* Maintain and develop own knowledge of Westcon and vendor product portfolio
General knowledge of Westcon UCC product portfolio offerings like AVAYA, Polycom and Cisco.
General knowledge of networking and communications technology
Ability to use standard software: MS Office Applications
General Computer literacy
Calculate & maintain minimum profitability requirements on a transaction level
Create basic business plan
Good understanding of the sales cycle in the IT Channel. Some experience in an external role supporting Resellers would be desirable. IT distribution experience would be ideal.
Principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment and evaluating satisfaction
Join a growing global business
Westcon-Comstor is a leading name in IT distribution with US$4.35 billion in global revenues. Our job is to link technology vendors to our distribution partners who resell software and solutions to business and other customers.
This is an exciting time to join our expanding UK and Ireland operation, which serves the EMEA region. We have ambitious plans and huge future potential - you will be ideally placed to grow your career in a dynamic yet supportive culture.