Business Development Manager
Job title: Business Development Manager
Salary package details: Dependant on experience
Working directly with the Global Sales Director to grow key accounts, find new business and spearheading a global creative revolution.
Our first mission is to build a simple set of machines that anyone can use - a personal factory that takes handmade to the next level. We’ve had almost $1m in pre-orders to date, and are on track for £3m in sales this year. We are backed by some of Europe’s most successful investors. It’s the start of something very big, and we’re looking for talented people to be a part of it.
What do we offer?
- Impact, trust, and influence at a well-funded, scaling start-up.
- Meaningful stock options, competitive salary and yearly bonus.
- Nimble, flexible working structure and engaged team mates.
- Work from home as much as you like.
- No strict working hours.
- Beautiful studio in the heart of Shoreditch.
- Regular team lunches and pub sessions.
- Unlimited healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks.
- Quarterly team away day somewhere exciting.
- Car allowance.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be part of the founding team and lead growth of our key accounts.
- You will be responsible for finding new business and closing deals.
- You’ll work directly with our Marketing Director to ensure our partners are maintaining the integrity of our brand.
- You will spend the majority of your time out on the road, attending meetings and closing business.
- You’ll partner with our Sales Director to ensure our retail and distribution partners are hitting their sell-through targets.
- As we grow, you’ll build a team around you and progress into a management role.
What are the requirements?
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ sales experience.
- Ideally, you’ve worked in consumer electronics.
- You have experience selling to distribution and managing B2B resellers, educational resellers and retailers.
- You enjoy talking to customers and being out on the road.
- We’ll kick things off with a short phone call to answer your questions, and learn a bit more about you.
- We’ll invite you in for a two-stage interview to give you a chance to meet the team and for us to learn a bit more about your background and experience.
- You’ll come in for half a day of paid work to get a feel for the company, and give us a chance to explore working with each other.
- You’re also welcome to request a meeting with one of our investors to put any queries directly to them.
- Finally, you'll receive a formal offer to join the team