With a restaurant opening soon, our client is seeking to appoint a Head Chef who is organised, enthusiastic and level headed.
You will be cooking with mainly fresh local produce and will manage a team of up to four people.
This role will suit an existing Head Chef or a Sous Chef looking for a step up.
About the job
- Manage a kitchen and team of up to 4
- Food preparation and cooking
- Drive your team to produce top quality dishes
- Working in a high volume fast paced environment
- Specials development
- Costing and margin control
- Stock control and ordering
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Make sure that all kitchen adheres to food safety and hygiene regulations to ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Inspect raw and cooked food items to guarantee that the highest quality products are prepared and served to customers
The ideal candidate
- 2+ year experience as a Chef
- Excellent cooking and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to supervise, direct and manage people
- Knowledge of food safety regulations
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Effective communication skills (both back and front of house)
- Should already have the legal right to work in the UK / EU and ideally be living in the UK (for interview attendance purposes)
Salary and benefits
- Negotiable salary (£24,000 to £30,000pa)
- 28 days paid holiday
- Contributory Pension
- Permanent position
- 40 – 45 hours per week (straight shifts Mon – Fri / splits on Saturday and Sunday lunch)
Recruit Hospitality is a specialist hospitality recruitment consultancy and has been retained by this employer to help them find and recruit the perfect candidate. Our service to candidates (job seekers) is completely free and confidential.