Nursery Practitioner (Nursery Nurse)
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About City and Islington College:
City and Islington College is the first choice Further Education College for thousands of young people and adults across London. It achieves excellent academic results year on year for its students and creates pathways to careers for people of all ages.
About the role:
To plan, organize, deliver and evaluate activities and learning experiences for children within the Early Years Foundation Stage in partnership with parents
To observe and support children’s all round development enabling each child to reach their full potential
To be a key person to update support and extend key children’s learning journeys via observations, assessments and activity. To carry out all key persons related responsibilities in building relationships with children and their families.
To comply with the college nurseries policies including safeguarding and child protection, health and safety.
You will need to hold the following qualifications and knowledge:
• A Childcare and Education Qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 or above
• Experience of working with children 0-5 years
• To be Pediatric first aid qualified
• An understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
• An understanding of the role of the Key Person
• Good communication skills both written and verbally