Lecturer in Painting & Decorating - Colchester Institute
Job Title: Lecturer in Painting & Decorating
Regulated activity: Yes
Responsible to: Area Head – Trowel Occupations
Line management of other staff: No
Grade: Band 1: L23-30 £23,797 - £29,218 or Band 2: L30-37 £29,218 - £35,909
To teach Painting & Decorating and associated subjects embedding English and Maths into lessons as appropriate.
For Band 2 position
To undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the department.
- To prepare teaching/learning materials.
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
- To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
- To counsel and guide students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate; contributing to student reports and references as required.
- To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards, as appropriate.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the department.
- To actively promote the Institute’s programmes, attend open evenings, parents’ evenings, careers events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities.
- To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate.
- To participate in the colleges performance and development review scheme.
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas.
- To apply and actively promote the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies
- To actively promote equality and diversity and apply the colleges E & D policy
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as of the date shown above. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.