Teacher – English
The purpose of this role is to plan and teach on agreed programmes and to contribute to their continued development in the English department.
The post holder will undertake assigned responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and within regulatory and legislative requirements; achieve individual and faculty targets within the College’s annual planning and staff performance review processes and budgetary constraints and:
- Actively promote equality and diversity, recognising and actively challenging stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, ensuring that these principles permeate all teacher practices.
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the College’s existing and developing quality assurance systems.
- Be committed to professional self-development, through participation in the College continuing professional development programme which includes industry based work shadowing, attending seminars, College staff development days and training events appropriate to the job role.
- Comply with and promote College Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- Support cross-college events such as Open Evenings and Enrolment sessions when required.
- Adhere to all College procedures.
- At all times seek to serve the best interests of the College.
- To provide cover for teaching and or related activities.