Beauty Therapist - Activate Learning
An exciting opportunity has opened in the Lifestyle Centre. Based at the City of Oxford College, you will be working as a qualified therapist, assisting in the promotion of the Lifestyle Centre and creating a profitable client base whilst integrating the curriculum into real-life work-based learning for students.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the day-to-day delivery of beauty therapy treatments in the Oxford Lifestyle Centre taking responsibility for improving all standards to an outstanding level.
- Work towards a personal income target and Centre target
- Ensure the Centre is run in a professional manner and that learners are supervised at all times.
- Work as a qualified therapist, assisting in the promotion of Business Enterprise and creating a profitable client base.
- Oversee the practical services booked into the Centre in line with VRQ/ NVQ Levels 1, 2 & 3 Beauty Therapy.
- Maintain all business systems in operation within the Centre to include finance, targets, stock, cleaning and laundry provision.
- Assist in ensuring that students are deployed efficiently and that there is cover for sickness and other absence.
- Work with the Beauty team to organise the appointment book to meet student needs.
- Monitor and track attendance and progression towards set targets and issue action plans to support target achievement to ensure timely achievement. Report monthly to senior management team on financial objectives.
- Build positive and supportive relationships with all learners, instigating additional support for any at risk learners.
- Set up & prepare all areas for activities & special events as required;
- Communicate & promote the Lifestyle Centre's services, ensuring that all information given is correct & up to date;
- Manage & maintain the Centre environment & equipment, & carry out cleanliness & hygiene tasks to ensure professional presentation at all times;
- Ensure good working practices in accordance with health & safety procedures;
- Use initiative & problem solving skills to handle, resolve or escalate all queries or complaints promptly & politely, in a sensitive manner, & in accordance with Group guidelines;
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing & CPD/ training requirements;
Want to know more or have a CV you could send in? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Beauty Therapist role with a difference - we look forward to hearing from you!