Lovely local law firm require part time Legal Cashier/Bookkeeper to join small team
You will be required to provide a complete service to fee earners by ensuring that billing and administration processes are carried out promptly and effectively, dealing with queries and reconciliations and providing assistance and support to fee earners to enable them to manage their files. The role involves managing all matters and work in line with the Firms standards of performance and client service.
1. Adherence to the Solicitors accounts rules and practices to include making recommendations and give advice as appropriate.
2. Entering all types of bills on to the computer system.
3. Entering or checking transaction slips with cheques received into office & client accounts, checking matter numbers and client names are correct, batching up, banking cheques, producing cheques and all relevant postings
4. Entering transactions into cash book and updating bank statements whenever necessary, processing petty cash payments.
5. Checking and writing off balances on files that are ready for closure.
6. Filing, dealing with paperwork that comes in daily.
7. Preparing ledger reconciliations.
8. Assisting with housekeeping on OSPREY practice management system.
9. Process incoming and outgoing CHAPS, BACS and faster payments using online banking systems.
10. Reconciliation of bank accounts on a daily basis and at month end.
11. Dealing with telephone and personal queries that arise on a daily basis and any other duties which arise within the accounts department.
12. Administering the investment of funds to deposit accounts and withdraw and close as required. Processing periodic interest and filing statements. Maintain the relevant trustee/controlled trustee register. Close liaison with the fee earning staff involved in client trust work.
13 Assisting with month end procedures where necessary.
14. Checking and writing back out of date cheques.
15 Checking for office credits, preparing transfers and dealing with unallocated credits.
16. Processing of Expenses, Disbursements and Credit accounts for Land Registry and Searches.
17. Any other reasonable duties for the smooth running of the Accounts department.
Minimum of 3 Years of experience working as a legal cashier
Good passes in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent.
Good working knowledge of Excel
Sound knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
Systems oriented and Self Motivated
Able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
Strong organisational skills and an eye for detail
Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines.
Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and support company plans & Policies.
Knowledge of OSPREY practice management system will be an advantage.
Behaviour and attributes
Strong numerical, organisational and communication skills
Ability to prioritise and multitask
Strong team consciousness
Calm in busy and pressured situations
Confident to deal with demanding fee earners and partners
Ability to use own initiative and think logically
Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others.
Be comfortable seeking guidance or further input from others before taking action.
Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
5 Years or more of recent practical experience as a Legal Cashier preferably in a Corporate Firm