Business Administrator (Part-time: maternity cover)
ThinkWrite™ is a small but growing training company that delivers writing and speaking courses to researchers in universities and research active institutes in the UK and other countries.
An existing part-time Business Administrator is mainly responsible for seeking bookings.
Once a booking has been secured, the Business Administrator's role is to liaise with clients and facilitators, ensuring that the workshop runs smoothly. This can involve booking rooms, catering, travel, hotels etc... right the way through to issuing the invoice and tracking payments.
At times, the Business Administrator provides PA support to the Director.
The team is currently small and spread around the country, so there will be days when the Business Administrator will need to work alone. You will need to be self-motivated and fully capable of organizing your day.
The position is offered as temporary maternity cover, with the post becoming available in June.
There is some flexibility to adjust hours to fit personal needs, it is anticipated that the core hours will be 10:00-12:00 each day, making the job as school-hour friendly as possible. There may also be the possibility of reducing or rescheduling hours during school holidays.
The contract will be for 10 hours a week, but there may be scope for overtime, paid at the standard rate.
The Business Administator's main role is to manage each workshop. This involves communicating with all parties involved, eg facilitators, clients, venue managers, participants etc. You will need to:
- ensure that all logistics are in place, eg. hotels, travel, venue, refreshments.
- communicate with the facilitators to ensure they arrive at the right place at the right time with the correct materials to deliver each workshop.
- ensure that delegates attending the workshops have the relevant information in a timely manner, by sometimes working directly with individual participants, and sometimes via a central organising client.
- keep an accurate record of training material stocks to ensure the levels are appropriate to demand oversee rapid and
- issue accurate invoices and track payments
- work with the client relationship management system (CRM) to ensure that relevant data on courses is maintained and updated.
- perform a monthly reconciliation of two key bank accounts.
Additional tasks may include assisting in the:
- promotion of the courses as required.
- You have experience of managing your own workflow, and understand the demands of working in a small company.
- It would be an advantage if you have worked in a training or HR environment.
- It would be an advantage if you have experience of the postgraduate/research element of a UK university.
- It would be an advantage if you have worked with a CRM package, and a particular advantage if you have worked with ZOHO applications.
- It would be an advantage if you have worked with MailChimp and Survey Monkey Skills:
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organisational / project management skills.
- Clear writing style.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Self-directed working – not needing micro managing.
- Can managing working solo.