Bookkeeper - Part-time
B3 Designers are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join its team one day per week (hours are flexible and can be worked as needed). Experience in a similar role is essential.
We’re a leading Interior Design & Branding studio based in East London. We have a team of 5 Designers with a small business team. We're looking for someone who loves what they do and feels comfortable working in a vibrant creative environment.
Tasks & Responsibility Overview:
- Help plan, strategise and continually report annual sales goals
- Calculate and issue financial analysis/reports, helping the management team understand the company’s financial position
- Make suggestions on how to improve profitability
Sales & Cashflow
- Work with the other managers to plan and prepare sales forecasts based on converted sales
- Plan and submit invoices to clients weekly, maintain the client accounts and collect outstanding monies
- Chase outstanding debts weekly
- Ensuring cash flow is balanced at all times, paying special attention to upcoming large payments and planning future finances
- Must oversee all accounting to ensure all actions and systems implemented by the company and external accountants are correct
- Assess & report project profitability on a weekly basis from filled in time sheets as well as a final report at the end of each project.
- Analyse and plan labour demands based on upcoming work
Purchases and Expenses
- Run payroll for all employees monthly and submit FPS and pension reports
- Quarterly VAT return
- Prepares system for easy of expenses submission for staff members and ensuring this is charged back to clients
- Control the purchase ledger and be a conduit for payments leaving the business.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the annual budget and look at areas of the business for improvement
- Process payroll & expenses in a timely manner
- As you’ll be an important part of the business team, there are plenty of opportunities for input into the running of the studio.
- Accountancy / business qualification essential
- Proven experience of financial administration within project based work / creative environment
- Ability to assist with preparing business plans for future growth and other projects
- Excellent command of Excel and Xero (or willingness to learn Xero)
Please send your CV (as an attachment) and a brief covering letter bullet pointing why you are right for this position, with salary expectations with the subject line “Bookkeeper” in your cover letter.
Due to the number of applications, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
We regret that will not consider working with agencies on filling this vacancy.