Cleaner - 30 hours per week
Essex Outdoors, Essex County Council’s Outdoor Education Service, is looking for experienced Cleaner to join the Facilities team during the peak season of May – August 2018.
To undertake cleaning and other duties concerned with the operation of Essex Outdoors establishment
• Responsible for cleaning of designated areas to a hygienic condition
• To ensure that facilities are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked
• To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory regulations.
• To use of cleaning and other equipment in accordance with the relevant safety requirements
• General house cleaning duties to a standard which promotes the Service positively
• To consider the comfort and well-being of clients at all times
• To notify the Facilities Co-ordinator or Centre Manager of any damage to buildings or other facilities of anything that may be of danger to clients or staff.
• To participate in the performance and development review process, to take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the Line Manager.
• To attend training activities and/or meetings as required.
• Occasionally, to assist with special functions at the centre which may be outside of normal working hours?
• To report any customer comments or complaints and take necessary remedial action if appropriate.
• To report immediately any accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
• Carrying out any other duties as may be required by the Centre Manager, from time to time, commensurate with grade and responsibilities
• To ensure that all duties and service provided are in accordance with the County Council Equal Opportunities Policy and Practice and Health and Safety Regulations.
• The duties of the post may be varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of the Service Manager
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
If you have any queries regarding this role or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330* and tell us that you found an advert on Mumsnet.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider