Business Development Manager
Adzuna is looking for a Business Development Manager to play a key role in unlocking greater potential from the UK clientbase of prospective customers. Working closely with our small, high-calibre existing team, you’ll be responsible for finding and building new relationships with organisations looking to generate traffic and applications to vacant positions- and have the scope to put your own stamp on a very important part of our business.
You will seek out new customers that are a perfect match for us; smart, tech-savvy and keen to try something different. A natural networker, you’ll be able to charm the potential customers from the trees, by phone, email, in person or using carrier pigeons. You’ll leave no stone unturned in your quest for creative ways to establish new contacts and be just as comfortable talking to people across the talent acquisition/ marketing spectrum. You will thrive on the thrill of adventure, trying new ideas, exploring new territories, and making a huge difference, whilst working closely with our awesome team of marketers, techsperts and sales stars.
Adzuna is a high-growth startup, that is championing real change in the job market - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. Our team of smart cookies is growing fast, so if you can hit the right notes, we’d love you to join our merry band and help us steer Adzuna on the next stage of its journey.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Targeted on ambitious new business gains and associated revenue improvements
- With B2B, sales and management team, contribute to UK market marketing and sales strategy
- Excellent Enterprise-level sales experience is essential, requiring excellence in all sales scenarios.
- Contributing to significant ongoing development of the UK sales process
- Capture key information for all calls and record accurately on CRM system
- Provide accurate reporting relating to lead/ approach types and maximising learning.
- Quickly build and maintain a new business pipeline managing entire process through to onboarding.
- Flexible, accomplished negotiator committed to delivering “win-win” outcomes
- Expected to make decisions, take ownership and lead by example.
- Liaise closely with the Marketing & Tech teams to ensure continued world-class user experience for all current and prospective partners
- Have a complete understanding of Adzuna’s sales proposition; products and services to enable all customers’ needs be serviced.
- Liaise closely with the Account Management resource to ensure safe onboarding
- Report back any competitive information / sales trends from your clientbase
- Research opportunities and competition.
- Document sales trends and report customer feedback
- Excellent punctuality, proven strong work ethic, self-motivated
- Excellent internal and external rapport builder/ people skills, establishing strong relationships
- Strong history of achieving financial, time-specific targets under pressure
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise campaigns.
- Good understanding of online advertising [incl performance pricing models]
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Worked in highly organised environments demanding great attention to detail.
- Ambitious, positive, energetic and smart person
- A market-competitive salary, bonus scheme, stock options
- A great entrepreneurial environment in Fulham, where you can make a real difference
- 25 days holiday
- A bursting social event calendar and training opportunities
- A fancy coffee machine, ping pong table, pension, maternity pay, bike to work scheme, fresh fruit, Adzuna Academy training program, Apple store discount and lots more!
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don't have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, The Accelerator Group and Index Ventures.
Our data also powers the Number 10 Dashboard, used by the Prime Minister and senior officials to keep track of economic growth on a daily basis, and is now provided to the Office for National Statistics to help them build real-time labour market indices.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
You can read more here: http://www.adzuna.co.uk/about-us.html