Healthcare Assistant - Out Patients Department
Careers focused on people
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork.
About the role
Working in our Out Patients Department the successful candidate will assist the qualified nursing staff in providing a high quality, comprehensive nursing service to all patients and users, ensuring a high standard of a patient care is maintained in a clean and safe environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet our patients health and wellbeing needs
- Establish and maintain communication with people on routine care matters
- Ensure own actions help to maintain quality.
- Ensure own actions support equality, diversity and rights
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the hospital and own department and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Spire Policies.
- Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
Who we're looking for
- Someone who can communicate with other members of staff and patients clearly.
- Personal appearance must be of a high standard, expected in a professional healthcare environment.
- NVQ Direct Care Level 3 or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Basic nursing care experience.
- Basic awareness of health, safety and hygiene.
- English language to IELTS 7.0
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.