It is an important role in the Finance department as the principle face off to the Front Office traders
- Are you qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 2+ years PQE candidate with industry experience from the investment banking/capital markets/securities sector?
- Do you have knowledge of investment banking products and financial instruments?
- P&L reporting experience?
- Balance Sheet substantiation experience?
Global award winning Investment Bank is going through a period of expansion due to an increase in trading activity. Our client, based in the City of London is looking to add a Product Controller.
- Daily P&L reporting of the Securities Product Group
- Daily valuation of securities portfolio and P&L reconciliation
- Accurate reporting of P&L to front office and senior management
- Ownership of General Ledger account balances for P&L
- Generate and post GL journal entries for daily and month end close
- Owner of Balance Sheet and responsible for monthly substantiation of GL balances
- Ensuring accurate classification of balances on the P&L account and Balance Sheet (e.g. third party and related party classification and reporting)
- Head Office Reporting of the division activities and balances
- Month, Quarter and Year End close process for related GL balances and reporting
- P&L commentary (daily, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Front to Back Reconciliations for securities and repo positions, reconciling FO system positions vs GL balances vs Depot positions
- Assisting with other ongoing and ad‐hoc work as required to support the Finance function.
All applications are welcome and will be reviewed for this excellent Product Controller role.