Magazine Print & Digital Sales Manager
Who we are: Always now, forever independent
Film Daily is a platform connecting audiences with indie filmmakers via news, views, and reviews.
We’re looking for sales managers to join our busy advertising & sponsorship department.
Are you blessed with the gift of the gab? Come place advertising in our printed film magazine and daily newsletter.
The role goes for 3 months to begin, but can become full-time for the right person.
- Build relationships.
- Meet realistic sales targets.
- Maintain contact databases.
- Maintain relationships with industry-specific businesses.
- Look for regional opportunities in our core markets (LA, New York, Sydney, Toronto).
- Clearly understand the marketplace and the competition.
- Work with the team at large on lead generation.
- Keep approved advertisers on brand.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to assure invoices are paid by deadlines.
- Must love Film & TV
- Working knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of Trello, Riot, and Slack
- Working knowledge of the film industry
- Past experience working in digital/print sales
- Past experience working for a publisher
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to manage own diary & schedule
- Working laptop & phone
- Experience working in an office environment
- Excellent reading & listening skills
- At least 2 years’ sales experience with proven track record meeting targets
- Past experience working in print advertising sales
- Motivation to close deals
- Outgoing personality
- Little black book filled with advertising agency contacts, brand relationships, past partners, and future partners
We prefer candidates who have studied marketing, business, or PR.
- Candidates must be available to commit to at least 30 hours per week.
What we offer
- Competitive retainer
- 25-50% monthly bonus
- Phone allowance
- Access to online streaming platforms
- Invitations to red carpet events, product launches, and premieres