Trainee ABA Tutor
BeyondAutism, a registered charity, runs two schools that are recognised as centres of excellence in the field of specialist education and support for young people with autism and their families. To read more about Rainbow School, part of BeyondAutism, please visitwww.rainbowschool.org.uk
Salary: £16,000 during probationary period, £17,000 once confirmed in post, £18,000 after twelve months service, increasing to £20,000 depending on performance
Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing date: ongoing. Due to planned expansion, further vacancies will be available throughout the year.
We also welcome applications from experienced ABA Tutors who have completed training, salary scale £16,600 to £18,000 depending on previous experience.
What we offer
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
- A range of fantastic staff benefits.
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
As a member of a class team, built of ABA Tutors, a Senior Tutor, Class Leader and Supervisor, you will provide excellent ABA/VB teaching to children and young people with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will based in a class of approximately eight pupils, working with pupils both individually and in small groups. You will be responsible for teaching individual and small groups of children a personalised curriculum, using teaching techniques based on the principles of ABA/VB. You will need to be creative, energetic and committed to engaging a pupil whilst monitoring their progress. You will support the team in ensuring the daily needs of our pupils are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun school environment.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the pupils within the school.
- You will need to be willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
- We are looking for people who are committed to a two year training programme.
You will need
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism.
- Educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To work effectively in a team environment.
- To be committed to at least a 2 year training programme.