Being a Live-in Carer is a role where you are providing high quality care and support to adults in their own homes, promoting choice and independence with respect and dignity.
As a Live In carer you will be required to assist the Service User to fulfil a valued life both within their own home and also within the local community.
Your role as a Live In carer will involve:
· Assist the Service User with their personal care and needs as required, respecting privacy and dignity at all times
· Assist with Service User's mobility, this may include the use of appropriate equipment (e.g. Hoists and Wheelchairs)
· Promote communication through the Service User's preferred method (e.g. written, sign language and speech)
· Support Service User's with their medication
· Assist the Service User with accessing the community
· Assist with preparing or cooking meals
· Ensuring the Service User’s home is hygienically clean - assisting with general housework - vacuuming, dusting, organising, and cleaning bathroom & kitchen
To assist you with the above you will be required to attend a full 5 day (PAID) Care Certificate training course
· You must hold a FULL UK driving licence and have access to your own car
· No previous experience is required as we provide full training
· You must be a good listener with excellent communication skills
About Our Company:
Forest Homecare is an independent family owned care agency which has been operating for over 20 years in Essex and Suffolk providing care and support to adults living in their own homes. Our service users may have a learning disability, physical disability, sensory impairment or mental health condition.