3rd in charge Room Leader
We are looking for a strong personality to support our managment team.
You need to be proactive in supporting the manager in the day to day management of the nursery and staff, have the ability to deal with enquires and have excellent communication skills with children, parents and staff as well as external agencies.
You must have good knowledge of the EYFS, and have had Safeguarding, Prevent and Paediatric First Aid training.
You will take a lead in the Health and Safety and support the manager in quality control at all levels. As a deputy/third-in-charge and room manager, you need to have the ability to follow EYFS and Ofsted guidelines and maintain high standards within the nursery and effectively observe for the child's individual needs and encourage your team to reach the same high standards.
Room Leader main Duties :
- To support all children's individual needs
- Prepare a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children
- Maintain excellent standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness
- Supporting the team within the room
- Managing the day to day running of the room
- To keep records and maintain records of the children's progress and report back to parents of carers
- Liaising with parents and family members
- Supervise the team and provide appraisals, nursery operations and target settings
- Taking part in management meetings.
Third In charge main duties:
- Experience working with children 3 months to 5 years
- Understanding of the EYFS Framework
- Experience of planning, observing and carrying out exciting activities with children based around their interests
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- Overseeing the smooth running and high quality practice within the room
- Supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager in times of need, which may include office related duties and opening/closing of the nursery
All positions require a minimum of Level 3 qualification, with at least 2 years of working experience. Salary is neg. based on level of qualification, years of experience and skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent