Strategic Resettlement Lead
Strategic Resettlement Lead – South Region x 4 Posts (Band 8a)
This is a genuine opportunity to make a huge difference to peoples’ lives and contribute to the delivery of our ambitions to support people with a learning disability and/or Autism to live independent lives as citizens. We want excited and committed individuals to help make that change happen
The post holders will work in a single TCP area.
The ideal candidate will have
· Relevant experience of Social Services and knowledge of the complex discharge process.
· Good problem solving techniques, interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a calm attitude and a sense of humour.
· An understanding of the legislation around discharge planning processes and be passionate about improving the experience of patients and their families
· Able to demonstrate excellent team working and high level communication skills and be able to work with conflicting priorities and pressures.
Desirable but not essential qualities:
· Registered Mental Health/Learning Disability Nurse or other registered health or social care professional
· Possess a relevant additional professional qualification e.g., masters level, or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
· Detailed operational knowledge of Learning Disability care, support and treatment services, including risk assessment/management
· Significant experience of leading change and empowering independence in others
· Evidence of continuing personal and/or professional development
· Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement
The role requires the post holder to liaise with a variety of internal and external staff members and organisations and play a pivotal role in the coordination and assessment of need and planning of discharges ensuring patients are discharged in a safe and timely manner.
The post holder will work on a fixed term project to undertake diagnostic reviews of any under performance in the delivery of the Transforming Care Agenda on behalf of one of the TCPs in the South region. The TCPs are:
• Hampshire and Isle of Wight
• Kent and Medway
PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR CHOICE OF TCP WHEN APPLYING
The post covers the entire TCP geographical area with further travel across the region to attend meetings.
We can offer the successful candidate an excellent benefits package associated with an Agenda for Change NHS Fixed term contract.
Every day is different so if you are resilient and can think creatively and if you can cope with this challenging role and can do precision guesswork based on unreliable data then please send your CV and covering note or apply via the NHS Jobs website