Account Manager / Business Development (Mandarin speaking)
Our client is a premium manufacturing and design company. They are passionate about design and creating high quality display solutions for an array of high calibre food producers/contract caterers. The company uses their knowledge of culture and food service to develop new products and to produce in depth market research. By using their expertise and working closely with their customers, they can strive to improve food display, presentation and the overall serving experience.
We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic candidate with strong interpersonal skills for an Account Manager / Business Development role based in London. Applicants must be capable of using their knowledge to source and approach new clients to collaborate with; while maintaining and building existing client relations. A background in the catering or hospitality industry is beneficial but not essential. An excellent level of spoken/written English and Mandarin are required for this role.
Ideaboxes Limited is an international recruitment and consultancy agency. It specialises in finding UK businesses experienced Chinese bilingual candidates. Ideaboxes aims to provide outstanding support for businesses and offer professional career advice for Chinese speakers based in the UK. By delivering this service, Ideaboxes can act as a bridge between distinguished employers and high-level job seekers. By recruiting the best Chinese candidates for employers, this will assist in the development of an expanding Chinese market and meet the increasing demand for Chinese speakers in the work place, worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Deliver excellent customer service and organise sales with customers nationally and internationally. This includes building and maintaining relationships with distributors and customers to meet and increase sales.
· International travel (candidates must be flexible and able to travel to meet business needs) and create market research on country visits when needed.
· Manage existing and potential clients in allocated territory and help with finding suitable business development opportunities.
· Manage exhibition projects and attend trade shows/events.
· Have a thorough understanding of Far East cultural and business backgrounds; this includes knowledge of customer requirements and the ability to identify customer needs.
· Produce weekly sales reports and present research findings with analysis to management.
· Negotiate sales and manage the regional sales budgets.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
· Target driven and have a proven track record in sales for a minimum of 4 years.
· An excellent level of spoken/written English and Mandarin are required for this role.
· Strong analytical and IT skills
· Enthusiastic about sales and strong interpersonal skills, this includes an excellent telephone manner.
· Resilient with a positive attitude and problem solving approach
· Experience of developing accounts internationally, selling through distributors and direct sales to customers.
· Efficient and confident negotiation skills
· A background in the catering or hospitality industry is beneficial but not essential.
Salary range: (depending on experience with a performance based bonus)
Please Note: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is only possible to contact successful candidates within 14 days.