Health Care Assistant
Having started in 1997, our client has established themselves as a Top-20 ranked Care Home Group in the UK, operating a number of residential homes across the South of England. This has led to the core values of our client revolving around its striving motivation for excellence in providing an "ethically sound, individualised, highest quality of nursing care for older people in a homely environment with the support of well trained and highly motivated staff".
Our client prides themselves on an un-parallel, attentive knowledge of patient healthcare, and build a caring, friendly and adaptable environment that prioritises the welfare and happiness of their patients, whilst ensuring their individualistic needs and requirements are fulfilled by the clients attentive, engaging and welcoming staff. Led by fully-qualified nurse managers, an atmosphere is created that develops a level of mutual respect and cooperation amongst all staff, that makes our client unique in providing an excellent level of care.
Our client's Nursing Home is purpose built conveniently situated in peacefully residential area with good transport links in to London. It is a three-storey building which has large lounges, dining and sun room, there is also a library with IT facilities and a hair and beauty salon which residents can choose to use at any time. It has landscaped grounds with raised beds for resident participation. Their priority is the welfare and happiness of our residents and staff. The home caters for 32 residents providing nursing and residential care to older people who may be living with dementia.
Finally, the client offers the opportunity for future success and growth within then industry, as their training opens up the prospect of completing NVQ qualifications, again making our client a positive and prosperous environment for work.
You will assist with essential aspects of care, i.e. washing, dressing, bathing, serving meals, feeding residents and where necessary, helping with residents' rehabilitation. Please see below -
- Help residents with any mobility issues and assist in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Provide care for residents who are unwell and may need care in bed.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and do occasional light cleaning (i.e. spillages), empty commodes etc.
- Answer call bells, the front door and the telephone. Greet visitors politely.
- Help care for residents who are dying.
- To ensure that residents with continence difficulties are regularly taken to the toilet and assisted with the use of continence aids.
- To participate in the planning and meeting of individual residents' needs as appropriate.
- Participate in Staff Meetings and training activities as required.
- Escort residents travelling to and from hospital appointments, social out outings etc
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
You will be dedicated and passionate about helping people and have a real interest in improving the lives of others. Empathy with the elderly together with listening skills are vital. You will provide a superior standard of care in secure, relaxing and homely surroundings. Also, providing privacy, dignity, choice and encourage independence. Whilst supporting and maintaining a person-centred care environment and promoting self-esteem.
You must be able to demonstrate you can work as part of a team as well as an ability to work independently. For the right candidate, this will be both a rewarding and satisfying job.
- 28 days' annual leave including bank holidays
- Forward thinking company, committed to your development
- Supportive clinical senior management team
- Opportunity to progress & carry out NVQ's in Health and Social Care
- Excellent starting salary & shift enhancements
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
At Healthier Recruitment we are dedicated in finding our candidates their ideal roles. We go above and beyond the basic requirements of our candidates to find roles that not only match their overall package expectations but provide them with an opportunity to secure a position that offers personal fulfilment and the potential to develop within an organisation that shares similar visions and values.