Part-time, 28 hours per week.
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
You will work with the Service Manager to recruit, induct, train and line manage volunteers primarily to support customers.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Good general standard of education including GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience of recruitment and selection procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of researching, planning & organising volunteering activity.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, (including occasional weekends and evenings).
- To travel locally (with a full, clean driving licence if driving is required).
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
- To have knowledge of customer self-advocacy and empowerment.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.