Relief Panel Workers - Conduct Investigators and Senior Auditors - Flexible hours
We are looking for trained and experienced Conduct Investigators and Senior Auditors to join our panel of relief workers. Workloads can be unpredictable, so these roles would suit someone looking for ad-hoc work – annual workloads and hours will vary and work cannot be guaranteed.
A Conduct Investigator:-
- Plans and carries out disciplinary investigations following policies, taking direct responsibility for allocated investigation work i.e. co-ordinating schedule and ensuring delivery targets are met and assessing the best way to deliver the work.
- Gathers, analyses and records evidence which may be relied upon at internal and external hearings or criminal courts.
- Prepares reports and associated correspondence on investigation findings or results of proactive work and makes recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Attends disciplinary hearings and appeals to present investigation reports and respond to questions. Gives evidence to external forums such as employment tribunals and professional councils
- Completes work that is complex/sensitive/contentious. The post holder needs strong interpersonal skills, communicating difficult and unpalatable messages.
A Senior Auditor:-
- Undertakes audit and counter fraud assignments, using the most appropriate technique, to be able to provide assurance over the activity and maintain effective client engagement.
- Prepares audit reports in accordance with practice standards and house style – highlighting the significance and impact of findings in terms of risk, improving the control environment and making appropriate recommendations to rectify the issues identified.
- Delivers allocated work plans within agreed time parameters – meeting performance targets, targets on delivery of specific projects, timescales on issue of reports and maintaining quality.
- Contributes to the effective system of internal audit so that it delivers a service that the external auditors can place reliance on.
- Works subject to deadlines and multiple clients involving frequent changes of circumstances and conflicting priorities. Often requires rapid and fundamental changes to work plans.