- Provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care in accordance with Hospital or care home Policies, Procedures and guidelines and scope of nursing practice framework.
- Contribute as a key member of the ward team in the provision of holistic care to patients, acting with professionalism at all times.
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is respected, and that the dignity of the patient is assured and maintained at all times having regard to the Philosophy and Ethical code of the hospital or care home.
- Participate in and provide clinical nursing care for patients while ensuring regular contact with patients at all times.
- Maintain all nursing records accurately ensuring that patient confidentiality is respected and maintained and provide safe custody of these patients’ records. Adhere to nursing policies with regard to nursing documentation.
- Liaise with and ensure good relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team in the hospital or care home.
- Communicate with patient’s relatives and visitors with courtesy and consideration.
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating the care of patient’s in the ward/unit when requested.
- Assist in the supervision and delegation of patient care to nursing support staff as appropriate.
- Observe and comply with Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Be responsible for the safe administration of medications