Well Grounded is looking for an energetic, social-minded champion of specialty coffee to support our Head of Coffee in delivering our training programmes and running our training Academy!
As Coffee Champion you will be introducing our trainees to specialty coffee via our multi-week Barista training programmes. In addition, you will be teaching and developing their soft skills - personal skills that are key to being a successful employee - a critical component that sets the Well Grounded training academy apart from others.
You will take support trainee development and work closely with the Head of Coffee to ensure everyone’s progression. You will also be instrumental in providing feedback to the Head of Coffee in order to refine and further develop our training programmes, both existing and new.
- To support our Head of Coffee with all coffee training
- To maintain the training space, including stock control, purchasing and managing coffee supplies & equipment
- To be an Ambassador for Well Grounded, speaking at events and local groups
- To manage events and recruitment activities in partnership with the project team.
- To work with the Head of Coffee on refining training programs and related materials
- To support the development of content for Well Grounded social media platforms
- To research coffee trends and activity and keep the team up to date with developments
- To write blog content as needed
- To attend weekly meetings to ensure all staff are kept up to date
- Experience working to tight deadlines (study or work)
- Experience completing administrative tasks, including the use of excel and word or alternatives
- Experience working or communicating with a range of people from different backgrounds
- Experience delivering presentation, or training in any field
- An ability to work collaboratively, taking on and incorporating feedback
- A commitment to social impact and belief in supporting everyone to reach their full potential
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with a range of people from different backgrounds
- An interest and knowledge of specialty coffee
As Well Grounded's Coffee Champion you will combine your interpersonal skills with a passion for coffee to support and motivate the next generation of Baristas through training and into work. You’ll be joining a start-up social enterprise making a real difference to the lives of people in our local communities.
Well Grounded is London’s first specialty coffee training academy, which connects people looking for work with sustainable careers in the coffee industry, regardless of their background.
If you're interested, please click apply below! We look forward to hearing from you.