Assessment Manager for Mathematics - Part-time
This is initially a 12-month fixed term contract with the possibility of being made a part-time, permanent role.
You will be managing the continuous development and cost-effective delivery of a portfolio of syllabuses and support materials that meet the needs of all our international and UK customers and conform to Cambridge Assessment International Educations assessment standards.
You will be ensuring that external consultants are fully competent to deliver assessments in accordance with Cambridge International's standards.
You will also be supporting customers with training and consultancy services.
The position will sit in the Assessment Projects Group. The Group works on education reform projects with international clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the design, development and delivery of a portfolio of syllabuses that reflect the values of the Cambridge Learner and teacher and also meet the needs of customers, meet Cambridge International Education assessment standards and the Code of Practice.
- Ensure that question papers and key documentation are produced efficiently, in line with procedures, on time and to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Ensure that marking, grading and results and appeals procedures and responsibilities assigned to the post are carried out accurately and effectively, according to agreed procedures and to schedule.
- Manage the appointment, allocation of work, performance and succession planning of Setters, Revisers and Vetters, item writers, Assistant Examiners, Principal/Chief Examiners and other consultants to ensure that assessments are produced, marked and graded in accordance with Cambridge International Examination’s standards.
- In conjunction with the Development Division as appropriate, work collaboratively with schools, partner organisations and ministries to develop and revise syllabuses and associated materials to ensure that they meet their needs, are cost-effective and reflect the current developments in the subject area.
- Contribute to the development of Cambridge International Education's strategy to use technology to provide online assessment, training and teacher support materials.
- Contribute to improvement projects (systems/quality improvements), innovations, and working groups as appropriate in respect to continuous improvements and maintenance of quality procedures or the on-going delivery of assessment projects.
- Organise the provision of consultancy services in some situations and contribute to training for partner organisations and ministries in relation to assessment of subjects in the portfolio and deliver outcomes to agreed timescales and quality.
- Maintain quality control standards of qualifications submitted for accreditation in order to ensure that Cambridge accreditation services are met, if relevant. This may include in country evaluation of assessment processes.
- To monitor costs of assessment materials production or project budgets.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of assessment in education
- High standard of English
- Post-graduate qualification in relevant subject area, educational assessment or management
- Knowledge of International education
- Teaching qualification-preferably in Mathematics or Science
- Financial management, cost and budget control
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong track record of effective ‘people’ skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player
- Highly proactive
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work with basic statistics interpretation ability
- Extensive teaching experience and/or project management experience, preferably at senior level
- Experience in education-related project management at a senior level
- Examination administration at a senior level
- Experience in primary education covering mathematics or science
- Examining experience
- Experience of effectively managing people
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27 June 2018 and interviews will be held on 12 July 2018.
As part of your recruitment process, you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.