Care Assistants / Support Workers
Location: Lewisham and surrounding areas
Rates of pay from £8.25 - £12.00/hour
At Medis Healthcare we are dedicated to providing excellent healthcare professionals to care homes, the NHS and the community. We are looking for hard working healthcare professionals with aspirations to build their healthcare career and grow with an amazing new care company and gain new skills.
The role involves contact on a physical and psychological level with patients and their families. You will undertake a range of activities under the supervision of a registered nurse and senior staff.
Care duties include but not limited to the following:
· Assisting with washing and dressing, feeding, toileting hygiene needs, bed making, general monitoring and assistance with patients' overall comfort.
· Providing patients/clients with emotional support in maintaining their independence.
· Empowering patients/clients with support to remain safe
· Supporting with use of aids to enhance daily living tasks.
· Support the registered nurse in implementation of an agreed plan of care with the patient and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
· Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team and Nursing Residential environment
· Participate in regular team meetings
· All team members are responsible for behaving in a manner that does not put themselves, patients, visitors and other team members in danger or at risk in the clinical / home-care environment
· You must be caring, compassionate, honest and trustworthy
· Healthcare experience favorable (min experience 1 year) however full training will be provided.
· Must be flexible with working hours
· open to training and development
· Willing to undertake personal care tasks such as bathing and toileting
· Able to follow care policies and procedures
· You must have the right to work in the UK
· Hold a current or wiling to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
· Good level of written and spoken English
What we offer
· Flexible working hours.
· Full, part time and flexible positions available
· Good competitive rates of pay
· Comprehensive training and development opportunities with continuous support
· Potential for higher pay rates at weekends
· Workplace Pension Scheme available
If the above sounds appealing to you and you believe you would enjoy working with us to make a difference in people’s lives, please apply with your CV.