Youth Support Apprentice in London EC1V

Recruiter
QA Apprenticeships
Location
London (Greater)
Salary
£15,000 - £19,999
Posted
12 Jun 2018
Closes
16 Jun 2018
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

Employer Description

Plan International UK is a children’s charity.

We strive to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world.

We recognise the power and potential of every single child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Our Because I am a Girl campaign is a global movement that’s taking action to see a world that values girls, promotes their rights and ends injustice.

We encourage and help children take an active role in finding solutions to their problems and realising their rights and their full potential.

Job Details:

Job Description

This role sits within the Public Engagement Department of Plan International UK.

The Girls’ Rights and Youth Team (GRYT), combines global campaigning, youth engagement and UK policy and programmes, working with young people to create a shift in thinking on girls’ rights globally and in the UK and make a positive impact for girls’ rights.

The Public Engagement department works to reach out to UK audiences to inform them about and gather support for Plan International UK’s work.

The GRYT is the leading voice for Plan International UK’s current global girls’ rights campaign - Because I am a Girl, as well as our UK girls rights work and UK youth engagement and is a fast-paced environment. Youth engagement and youth voice are at the heart of the work we do and the reason we do it. We aim to improve the lives of girls all over the world and safeguard their rights.

Responsibilities and duties

You will spend 80% of your time supporting the Youth Engagement Officer in recruiting, engaging and helping youth advisors to represent the organisation and advocate on the issues that girls say are most important for them. The remaining 20% of your time will be spent supporting the UK Girls Rights campaigns. The role will include:

Providing administrative support to Youth Engagement Supporting the recruitment of Youth Advisor Facilitating workshops during training days Supporting the communication of relevant information about our youth engagement work Managing information: inboxes and shared drive Supporting our youth advocates to write blogs on their chosen topics including on our campaigns, and also writing a blog about your experiences of working at Plan International UK Supporting our Youth Advisors to engage in our global campaigning and vice versa

Desired skills

Show willingness to learn about the work and how to work well in a team with others Cares about the work we do and has an interest in youth and girls’ rights Hard working Good written and verbal skills

Required qualifications

3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above

Working week

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm

Benefits

£10.20 per hour (London Living Wage) Training from the very start Possible opportunity for a full time job once the apprenticeship has completed

Important Information

“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”

Similar jobs

Similar jobs