Nursery Nurse (Variable hours)
There’s never been a more exciting time to join West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College Group has grown from a local college to an international organisation with a reputation for dynamism and success. The college group is made up of a number of separate companies all with education and training to the very highest level at their heart.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Outstanding resources combined with exceptional tutors and student support means that whatever your ambition, we can help you to achieve it.
Vision Business Support Services Ltd (VBSS) provides high-quality support services to all aspects of the college group, VBSS is a subsidiary company of West Nottinghamshire College and provides an important service and plays a pivotal part in the success of the college and creating an exceptional learner experience.
JOINING OUR JOURNEY
When you join our College, our staff have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Pension Scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (July)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Free car parking
- On-site Butterflies Day Nursery (Derby Road)
- On-site hair and beauty salon, Revive Spa, fine dining Refine Restaurant and Create Theatre
You will be part of the team that provide a caring environment for children in the College Day Nursery and ensure a high standard of nursery care is consistently provided. Cover will also be required in the community providing crèche for adult learning courses.
The ideal candidate will be required to assist children individually or as a group, caring for the emotional and physical well-being of children. Other responsibilities include: undertaking domestic duties within the Nursery, keeping records of children’s development and preparing activities and assisting with display work.
You should be committed to caring for children and should be qualified in a level 2 qualification in Early Years Care and Education. Excellent communication skills along with a flexible, adaptable and professional attitude are also essential.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Professionalism, taking Responsibility for your actions, and giving Respect to clients and colleagues alike.
2. The Post
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist children individually or as a group when working on aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To work as a member of the team and to support staff in the Nursery, College and the Community.
- To have key responsibilities for a group of children.
- To care for the emotional, physical and well-being of children, including First Aid.
- To undertake domestic duties within the Nursery e.g. preparing snack meals, sterilising equipment etc.
- To assist with resolving behavioural and emotional problems of children, demonstrating a high level of care at all times.
- To support staff in the planning, preparation and decision-making to ensure a high standard of nursery care and education is provided.
- To report any accidents/incidents or matters concerning the children to the most senior member of staff present.
- To keep records of children’s development as required by team members.
- To work with parents and carers in a professional capacity.
- To help with display work.
- To attend staff and team meetings.
- To attend in-service training days when appropriate.
- Other Responsibilities
- a) To uphold and promote all company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work, including the Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety policies and procedures and attend training as requested.