Head of Operations - Written Exams
Part Time - 17.5 hours/week
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the leading medical authority on mental health in the United Kingdom and is the professional and education organisation for doctors specialising in psychiatry. The College plays a central role in establishing and promoting the highest standards of psychiatric care and training. A key part of this role is the accredited written and clinical MRCPsych Examinations, which come under the responsibility of the Examinations Unit as part of the Professional Standards Department.
The College are looking for an experienced Manager with good leadership skills and a proven track record to oversee the delivery of the written exams. The written exams are held twice a year in locations throughout the UK and overseas, (the candidate will not be required to go overseas). The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the other Head of Operations (Clinical Exams and Development) and report to the Director of Professional Standards.
- The overall operational management and delivery of all College Written Examinations.
- The overall line management, development and training of the Written Examinations Unit team.
- Preparation and management of the Written Examinations operations budget in conjunction with the Director of Professional Standards.
- The continuous development, enhancement and simplification of administrative processes relating to Written Examinations, leading to optimum efficiency and savings.
- Management of the Examinations Sub-Committee working closely with the Chief Examiner and referring to the Director of Professional Standards where necessary.
- Management of the recruitment of Written Examinations Panel members in liaison with the Director of Professional Standards and the MRCPsych Panel Chairs.
- Excellent organisation, management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering examinations/events at both UK and International locations.
- Demonstrable track record of implementing streamlined administrative processes using up to date e-platforms.
- Financial experience including the construction and monitoring of budgets.
- Excellent diplomacy and negotiating skills.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter including your current remuneration and details of two professional referees by 5pm, Wednesday 4th July to Sarah Thewlis, Thewlis Graham Associates.