Technical Support Specialist - Reed Business Information - Sutton
1st Line Support Analyst – Windows/Enterprise Experience/Apple Mac/End User Computing
- Reed Business Information are a $1bn Technology Business and part of the FTSE100 RELX Group (Forbes #53 Global Employer)
- Salary £22,000-25,000 (6 months FTC to perm)
RBI uses leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers.
Reed Business Information is looking for a bright and dynamic 1st line Support Analyst to join a talented and highly valued Service Desk team, to work from our head office on a 3 months contract.
For this role, you will need be a strong communicator who gets on well with others and someone who understands the importance of good customer service. You must also have a good attention to detail, be reliable and highly organised.
Working as part of a team of seven service delivery specialists within our 130+ global Infrastructure and Operations Group, and supporting 3500+ end users, you will need to possess the following skills:
• Fluent in spoken and written English, with above average communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10 desktop administration and Apple/MAC
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Active Directory administration
• Windows networking
• Troubleshooting Outlook, including problems connecting to Exchange/Office 365
• Connecting via a VPN, using multifactor authentication
• ITSM software, such as TOPdesk, Service Now, Remedy
• Connecting mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows) to a corporate infrastructure
• Experience of basic Apple Mac troubleshooting and administration
• Citrix client troubleshooting
• Familiarity with Altiris endpoint management software and remote control tools
• Basic PowerShell
• Understanding of SharePoint
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI Benefits Package:
· Pension Scheme
· 29 Days Holiday
· Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
· Life Insurance (4x salary)
· Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
· Competitive Salaries
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Visit the RBI site to find out more about what we do and about the vacancy.