Marketing executive - part time
67 Bricks are a highly regarded software development consultancy that help publishers evolve their data and content capabilities. We are based in Oxford and work with many of the leading academic publishers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a marketing executive to join our friendly, growing team on a part-time basis. You will coordinate multi-channel marketing campaigns to grow awareness, drive sales of our services and increase our engagement with the wider publishing industry.
This is a new position, so the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to shape their role and improve our approach and processes.
- Coordination of our day-to day marketing activities
- Oversight of our conference schedule, including tracking and coordinating responses to calls for papers
- Running regular marketing meetings
- Writing accurate and engaging copy
- Coordinating the creation of white papers, case studies and thought leadership pieces
- Involvement in website redesign project
- Updating our company website with our latest news, views and information
- Ownership of 67 Bricks Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Gathering client testimonials
- Writing and sending out press releases
- Developing relationships with key members of the press to ensure they are writing about 67 Bricks
- Reporting on key marketing activities, trends and successes
- Market research tasks (e.g. competitor analysis)
- Demonstrable experience in digital and content marketing, preferably gained in an academic publishing or technology environment
- Self-starter who is able to work under their own initiative
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience of marketing via social media channels (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally, able to adapt style and tone appropriately depending on the format and channel of content
- Excellent organisational, time-management and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Willingness to learn how to use new digital tools and develop new skills
- Experience of planning, executing and analysing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience of using data, analytics and evaluation to measure the impact and effectiveness of campaigns and help colleagues learn and improve
- Experience working in publishing or the technology industry
- Genuine interest in how technology is transforming the publishing industry
Type of person we are looking for
We are a vibrant, growing company looking for people who want to have a real impact where they work. We think people should enjoy what they do. The right person will be enthusiastic about developments in publishing technology and how data-driven approaches and technologies such as semantic enrichment, AI and machine learning are driving change in the industry. You should be an excellent communicator with strong copywriting skills, the ability to take ownership and improve our marketing processes and a desire to proactively engage with the wider industry.
Location and working pattern
The role can be based at our central Oxford location, be home-based or be a combination of home- and office-based. The successful candidate must be able to travel to our Oxford office regularly to attend scheduled meetings. Our office is conveniently located for public transport links.
The exact number of hours per week and an agreed working pattern will be set in collaboration with the successful candidate. We expect the agreed working pattern to be between 15-24 hours per week, spread over 2-5 working days.
Salary and benefits
Circa £28,000 - £30,000 pro rata
67 Bricks offers a range of company benefits including employee pension, a cycle to work scheme, flexible working, mentorship and support for personal learning and development.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a short covering email to Jennifer Schivas Head of strategy and industry engagement: - once you click on the apply button,