Qualified Senior Social Worker
Qualified Senior Social Worker - Children's Services - Surrey
Our client is a local authority looking for a Qualified SeniorSocial Worker to work in Children With Disabilities team.
For this role B&C is seeking exceptional social workers.
To be considered for this role you must have: -
- A degree in Social Work
- Hold a full HCPC registration
- Two years post graduate experience in a relevant team
- Experience of working in & understanding Children's Practice.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving licence and business insurance would be beneficial
- DBS update is preferred by client
The role will involve:
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- The job holder will ensure a positive, high profile for Surrey Children’s service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- They will act as a mentor to social workers and support their development, and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.
- With appropriate training, undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- They will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Additional information about the process
Why work for Badenoch and Clark Social Care: -
- We are part of the Adecco Group so have access to many QSW vacancies
- Almost 10yrs experience as a specialist social work recruiter
- Ability to move locations and roles
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Free compliance service
- Flexibility of contracts offered
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - £200 for each referral (subject to term)
To discuss this role or any other Qualified Social Worker jobs please contact Asma Iqbal at Badenoch and Clark on 0113 487 0085 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org