Social Worker - Safeguarding
Somerset County Council are currently hiring Locum Social Workers to work within their Children's Safeguarding teams. There are multiple office locations available for these Locum Social Work positions making it easily commutable from Exeter, Bristol and Dorset. Somerset County council is offering competitive pay rates of up to £35 per hour as well as attractive relocation and commuter packages.
Responsibilities of the Locum Social Worker
- As a Locum Social Worker in the Safeguarding team you will be responsible for managing Child in Need and Child Protection Plans.
- You will be managing some Court work
- You will be working with Children, Families and Partner Agencies to establish actions to ensure children are safe and reach their full potential
- You will be required to attend Child Protection Conferences
Benefits for the Locum Social Worker
- Competitive pay rates of up to £35 per hour
- Attractive relocation and commuter packages
- Flexible working opportunities with the ability to work 9 day fortnights
- Somerset County council are dedicated to reducing caseloads to 14 - 17 per Social Worker
- Long contracts of at least 6 months and the potential to go permanent
- Regular CPD training sessions
Requirements of the Locum Social Worker
- Social Work Qualification and a minimum of two years post qualifying experience
- HCPC registration
- Clear Enhanced DBS
This is a great opportunity to be part of Somerset's improvement journey. As a Locum Social Worker for Somerset County Council you will benefit from a permanent senior management team, providing leadership, support and regular supervision.
Pay rate: £35 per hour
Location: Somerset County Council
If you are interested in this vacancy and wish to apply, please follow the application instructions stated on the website or contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Cassie Hoskings on 0118 948 5555.
If this Social Worker role isn't what you are looking for, but you are looking to make a move within Social Work, get in touch, as we have many other opportunities!