Registered Manager - Learning Disabilities Children's Home
Hampton's are working in partnership with a new residential care provider who are looking for a permanent Registered Home Manager for their brand-new home in Wolverhampton.
The Registered Manager will work alongside the Director to set-up and register the home. This will include the hiring of a full staff team and development of policies and procedures.
Once registered, the home will cater for up to 4 young people with Learning Disabilities. You will oversee the day to day operational management of their Registered Home. The Registered Manger is responsible for ensuring that all care teams assigned to the homes carry out their duties in a professional and conscientious manner. The Registered Manager is expected to provide a parental role model for the young people in our care and to ensure that the provision of care is of the highest standards and that it fully meets the Children's Homes National Standards.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a manager in residential care.
- Understanding of a variety of different therapeutic models.
- Experience dealing with Children dealing with Learning Disabilities.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to delegate effectively.
- An ability to effectively and confidently conduct employee relations issues such as; disciplinary, grievance, performance management, supervision, appraisals etc.
- An ability to work both under own initiative and as part of a management team and overall team whilst maintaining professional relationship boundaries with non-management staff.
- Detailed understanding of Children's Act 1989, Care Standards Act 2000, Children's Homes (England) Regulations 2015 and other relevant legislation.
- Be creative and able to use your own initiative and manage in challenging situations.
Salary - up to £35,000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus
If you are Interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call James Moran - 01926 356 546
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK