Independent Reviewing Officer - Children's Services - Surrey
Aurora Resourcing is currently representing a local authority safeguarding service in the South East to recruit to an Interim Independent Reviewing Officer.
A great time to join this Local Authority, the combination of an excellent rate, stable contract, and supportive management structure makes this an ideal opportunity for any individual who has the relevant experience in either quality assurance work in children’s services or in the role as an IRO previously.
- Be a qualified Social Worker
- Hold HCPC (or equivalent) registration
- Have prior experience chairing CP Conferences and LAC Reviews
- Have some Management experience
- Be able to work autonomously when required
- Confident to review and provide guidance on complex cases
- Have Case Auditing experience
- Be a strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Have good IT skills and have a flexible approach to work
- Be a car driver with ability to travel throughout the area as required
This is a rolling contract with the expectation at this stage for it to continue further than a 3 month period. Ideally we are looking for applicants to commence as soon as possible. The hourly rate will be discussed dependent on experience but is likely to be between around £41 an hour. Although there is a degree of flexibility in terms of managing your own diary this is very much a full time role.
Aurora Resourcing is a specialist recruiter in the social work sector, supplying both locum and permanent staff to various Local Authorities, Charities & Independent Organisations nationwide. If you are a qualified social worker looking for a new locum assignment or looking for a permanent position in the fostering/adoption sector then please do get in touch with one of our specialist consultants who will be more than happy to help.
How to Apply:
For further information about the role and organisation, please contact Rebecca on 0121 516 3987 or send your CV to email@example.com