Senior Social Worker
Senior Social Worker - Childrens Service - Barking
Our client is a local authority looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work in Children’s Social Care team.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A degree in Social Work
- Hold a full HCPC registration
- Two years post graduate experience in a relevant team
- Experience of working in CP/ LAC/ Court
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving licence and business insurance would be beneficial
- DBS update is preferred by client
To discharge the authority’s responsibilities under the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation with respect to children in need, particularly those in need of protection and those looked after by the authority.
The role will involve: -
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
- All postholders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance
- Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework
- Planning, implementing and terminating interventions. Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services
- Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services in order to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
- Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
- Making use of the legal framework including both criminal law and the Children Act in order to protect children. This may include giving evidence in court
- To act as duty social worker as required by the Group Manager. This may involve providing advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
Additional information about the process
Why work for Badenoch and Clark Social Care:
We are part of the Adecco Group so have access to many QSW vacancies
Almost 10yrs experience as a specialist social work recruiter
Ability to move locations and roles
Dedicated Recruitment Consultant
Free compliance service
Flexibility of contracts offered
“Refer a Friend” bonus - £200 for each referral (subject to term) To discuss this role or any other Qualified Social Worker jobs please contactRukeyaKhanom at Badenoch and Clark on 0113 4870127 or email your CV to email@example.com