HMP Coldingley’s education department have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Education Manager to join their Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team. As Education Manager at HMP Coldingley, you will demonstrate clear, decisive and innovative leadership, whilst developing strong partnership working with our prison colleagues.
The Education Manager will lead and support growth by driving and maintaining improvement within the education department. You will identify and implement objectives using strategic management. You will also be responsible for continuous performance and quality advancement, alongside high volume budget management and target setting.
The successful candidate will be an experienced strategic Education Manager who can inspire and challenge staff to create a dynamic culture with outstanding learning, teaching and student success throughout.
Location: HMP Coldingly (Woking)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £32,235 - £38,686 per annum
Closing date: 23rd July 2018
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 8th August at HMP Coldingly
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
About HMP Coldingley:
HMP Coldingley opened in 1969 as a Category B training prison. In 1993 it was re-designated as a Category C training prison and since 2013 has since been designated a working prison. HMP Coldingley is focused on the resettlement of prisoners. It provides a framework to support the achievement of realistic resettlement goals by offering opportunities to prisoners willing to work hard and accept responsibility for achieving those goals.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Have proven high-level management experience.
- Have proven ability of driving and maintaining improvement within a management position.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Leadership & Management (or be willing to work towards, by partaking in the College Leadership & Management Apprenticeship Programme) (Essential)
- Have proven experience of managing teams in a challenging environment, effectively managing tensions as they arise.
- Hold a teaching qualification and ideally Assessor/Verifier awards.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of effectively implementing and managing quality improvement processes.
- Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
- Have considerable curriculum development experience and be able to articulate an attractive curriculum vision.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.