Qualified Social Worker – Adult Social Care - Newham
Our client is a local authority looking for a Qualified Social Worker to workin 0 – 25 Special Educational Needs Disability (SEND) Team in the Transition Cohort.
The cohort focuses on 14 – 25 years old children and young people are disabled. The Social Worker will carry a caseload of mainly young adults 18 +.
To be considered for this role you must have: -
- A degree in Social Work
- Hold a full HCPC registration
- Two years post graduate experience in a relevant team
- Experience of collaborative working with a variety of professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving licence and business insurance would be beneficial
- DBS update is preferred by client
The role will involve: -
- Knowledge of key legislations and policies that underpins Adult Social Care practice such as Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Mental Capacity Act and deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2009.
- Knowledge of Children Services legislations will be an added advantage as the Social Worker will be expected to participate in a duty system which covers the team caseload e.g Children Act 1989, Children and Families Act 2014. Knowledge of SEND Code of Practice 2014.
- Knowledge and experience of Section 42 Safeguarding Adults enquiries, Continuing Health Care (CHC) process, Assistive Technology, Providing a professional, efficient and high standard quality work to young people and their carers.
- Undertaking personalised and strength based adult and carers’ assessments. Undertaking adult and carers’ reviews, mental capacity assessments, Best Interest Decision Making, Support Planning, Brokerage Services.
Additional information about the process
Why work for Badenoch and Clark Social Care: -
- We are part of the Adecco Group so have access to many QSW vacancies
- Almost 10yrs experience as a specialist social work recruiter
- Ability to move locations and roles
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Free compliance service
- Flexibility of contracts offered
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - £200 for each referral (subject to term)
To discuss this role or any other Qualified Social Worker jobs please contact Asma Iqbal at Badenoch and Clark on 0113 487 0085 or email your CV to email@example.com