SOCIAL WORKER - SAFEGUARDING, ASSESSMENT OR LOOKED AFTER
Somerset County Council is seeking Social Workers for its Children & Families teams across the County.
The rate available is £35 per hour (umbrella) and the contract will last 6 months initially.
**they will also consider part-time workers on a case by case basis**
Somerset County Council is different to a lot of Local Authorities and here's why…
* Financial support with the cost of accommodation / relocation
* Travel expenses from permanent residence to temporary accommodation (1 round trip per working week) OR commuting costs from permanent place of residence to work on a daily basis (100 miles each way max)
* Reduced turnover of staff (below national average)
* Team development days
* Permanent team of senior managers
* Hire car provided for visits over 100 miles
* Flexible working
* Reduced caseloads
* Mobile working and technology to facilitate this
* Great transport links down the M6, M5 , M4 and over the Severn Bridge
* Reduced cost of toll bridge
* Direct train links from various UK cities such as Sheffield, Derby, Tamworth, Birmingham, Chesterfield and many more!
* Great quality of life in a rural or seaside location
* Low rental costs
* Have you considered cheap accommodation options such as http://www.adhocproperty.co.uk/property-guardians/ or https://www.airbnb.co.uk/
We have roles available in the following locations/settings:
- Taunton, Bridgwater, Shepton Mallet, Yeovil
- Safeguarding, Assessment, Children Looked After or Children with Disabilities
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Fully HCPC registered
- Post-qualifying experience in the same or similar setting
If this isn't the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague - we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Register with Reed for the first time or return to us after 6 months or more, secure this post or another with our agency and we'll reward you with £100 vouchers (restaurant, spa, high street - your choice!!).
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
- Dedicated expert consultant
- A smooth & speedy registration process - we guarantee to meet you at a place & time that's convenient for you, and everything else can be done online!
- Online timesheets & pay management
- 3 payment methods available: Umbrella, PAYE & Ltd Co
- Automatic invoicing (Umbrella & Ltd Co)
- Regular progress reports and face-to-face service reviews
- Office hours 8am-6.00pm to provide support/advice
- Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund to put towards training or other development
- Reed Rewards, Reed Discount Club, Holiday pay, Statutory benefits & pension (PAYE only)
- Referral/recommendation bonus paid at up to £250
If you are interested in this role please call (0121 2372642), or e-mail () - alternatively please recommend your friends or colleagues and receive £250 if we can find them work!
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.