Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Surrey - £33,332pa
Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Surrey - £33,332 to £38,312 per annum + benefits
I am recruiting for a Social Worker to join my client's child protection team in Surrey. Duties will include conducting Core Assessments and working with children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans. You will also be taking on Court Work and manage cases where children are the subject of Care Proceedings. Surrey's work to safeguard children under the Child Protection or Court Frameworks requires staff who are skilled communicators and able to convey difficult information in clear terms to families, or describe complex cases and care plans succinctly in written form.
Benefits as a Child Protection Social Worker:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 24 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops.
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- As a Social worker in the Child Protection Team, you will work directly with children and young people who are at risk of significant harm, ensuring that their wishes and feeling are heard and considered.
- Involves working with families in the pre-proceedings process, public and private law proceedings, looked after children, and children who are subject to supervision orders or a child protection plan.
- Supporting our social workers with their career development is a priority for us. In Surrey we ensure that our social workers have manageable workloads, regular supervision, and through annual appraisals you will be have the opportunity for career development and pay progression.
- Work in the CP team is supported by strong management and a culture of learning and development with opportunities to access a range of training activities.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK