Do you want to work for an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ college?
Walsall College is one of the leading colleges in the sector, being uniquely and proudly vocational, we are committed to bringing talent to life by maximising the potential of our students and staff.
As the successful candidate, you will provide cross-college support to teaching staff and students who have a wide range of additional support needs along with providing support for tutors teaching students with additional support needs both cross-college and within the SLDD provision.
You will be expected to provide support, under the direction of a tutor, to individuals or groups of students, and to provide assistance with the teaching of a range of activities, in varied curriculum areas, and you will assist in the preparation of equipment and materials for learning, practical work, demonstrations and exhibitions.
It is essential that you understand various support needs amongst learners and utilise appropriate support mechanisms to assist them in their academic studies. A NVQ Level 3 classroom assistant or BTEC in Classroom Support Assistants qualification (or willingness to achieve within an agreed timescale) is essential, along with a minimum of a Level 2 in English and Maths.
Please note that successful applicants will start this role in September 2018.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.