Seasonal Hostel Assistant - Inverness Youth Hostel
Position: Seasonal Hostel Assistant
Job Reference: INVR11818
Location: Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB
Contract: Fixed term, immediate start until 31/Oct/18
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Hours: 40 per week
We are one of Scotland’s leading accommodation providers, offering guests great value accommodation and excellent customer service in some of the finest locations in Scotland.
With youth hostels in key locations around Scotland, our team love to help our guests, ensuring they have the best possible experience and take home memories to last a lifetime.
We offer fantastic opportunities for motivated individuals wanting to develop a career in Scotland’s thriving hospitality and tourism sectors.
We are currently looking for professional and efficient individuals who wish to join our team at our Inverness Youth Hotel as Seasonal Hostel Assistant to help our guests feel welcome.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- A general hostel assistant duties including full reception service, cleaning, housekeeping and catering.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have a good knowledge of customer service and experience of food and hygiene practices as well as an understanding of the importance of health and safety at work;
- Have fflexibility and adaptability as well as a can-do attitude
- Have the ability to work under pressure, to work as a team as well as unsupervised.
- Ensure to provide an excellent customer service in line with our Customer Service Charter.
- Keen attention to details.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Experience of having worked in the hospitality industry with customer facing role.
- Good IT literacy including working knowledge of MSOffice, cash handling experience, practical knowledge of Health & Safety at Work and experience dealing with fire evacuation procedures.
- Understanding of more than one language (including English), a good knowledge of the local and surrounding area to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The post holder will undertake various shifts including working weekends, on public holidays or nights as and when required.
- Please note that a successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory recent work reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment.
About Hostelling Scotland:
We are a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for customers travelling around Scotland.
As an accommodation provider Hostelling Scotland operates in a fast paced, highly competitive and constantly evolving marketplace. Working with Hostelling Scotland is more than just a job. Join us and help us make a difference!
How to apply:
To obtain job description and application form, please visit www.hostellingscotland.org.uk If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward your application form with covering letter to: Inverness Group Manager, c/o Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB or email to email@example.com
Closing date: 15/Jul/18
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of closing date you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (trading as Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.