Sommelier - London
Sommelier - Soho, London
Our legendary Regent Street address has long been the capital's hub for fine food, wine and conversation. Oscar Wilde chose the Café Royal - and its unmatched wine selection - for his salon, while Winston Churchill favoured our steaks, stilton and champagne.
The story continues today, as we prepare to launch our brand-new restaurant with Internationally renowned chef Laurent Tourondel this May.
About Laurent Tourondel:
Beginning at the end of last year we commenced a short period of localised works to create a brand-new dining experience on our first floor. Designed and overseen by the world-renowned architect Piero Lissoni this space, like all of our restaurants and bars at Café Royal will provide a Vibrant; yet distinctly Elegant haven that captures the very essence and spirt of contemporary London life….
The new restaurant marks a return to London for the French-born chef, and the first time he has opened a venue in Europe. With restaurants across the globe, Tourondel is best known in America where he has restaurants in New York, Miami and Charlotte in North Carolina. Further afield, Tourondel owns restaurants in Hong Kong, Kazakhstan and the Caribbean.
The story continues today, as we embark on an exciting new chapter and eagerly await the arrival of other passionate sommelier to add to the culinary excitement.
Naturally we are now actively seeking new team members to join us on this new culinary journey. In the words of one of our most famous patrons “To define is to limit” so whatever your background or passion, if you have an engaging personality, discretion and understanding of what it means to provide Luxury service we'd love to hear from you.
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional knowledge of Wines and Champagne in order to train and develop a knowledgeable team skilled in all aspects of food and wine matching and the seamless delivery of service. You will also support the Head Sommelier with the development of our teams wine knowledge, conducting regular training and wine tasting sessions.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- An extensive background in a similar role as a Sommelier or Wine Specialist, ideally gained within a luxury hotel, a fine dining restaurant or the like
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Immaculate personal grooming
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
- Competitive base salary + service charge
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted room rates and F&B
Ready to join the team?
Please apply by clicking the 'Email' link. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.See description