Health Care Assistant
Our client has continued to maintain a strong sense of core values. Their primary objective has always been: "to strive for excellence in providing an ethically sound, individualised, highest quality of nursing care for older people in a homely environment with the support of well trained and highly motivated staff."
This home caters for 40 residents specialising in care for older people who suffer from dementia. Our client provides residents with person centred care to meet their individual needs. As part of the delivery of person centred care they fully include all the family in this process. We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible care in a friendly and homely atmosphere. The home has recently been refurbished and carefully equipped throughout to meet the special needs of all residents and to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
You will assist with essential aspects of care, i.e. washing, dressing, bathing, serving meals, feeding residents and where necessary, helping with residents' rehabilitation. Please see below -
- Help residents with any mobility issues and assist in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Provide care for residents who are unwell and may need care in bed.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and do occasional light cleaning (i.e. spillages), empty commodes etc.
- Answer call bells, the front door and the telephone. Greet visitors politely.
- Help care for residents who are dying.
- To ensure that residents with continence difficulties are regularly taken to the toilet and assisted with the use of continence aids.
- To participate in the planning and meeting of individual residents' needs as appropriate.
- Participate in Staff Meetings and training activities as required.
- Escort residents travelling to and from hospital appointments, social out outings etc
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
You will be dedicated and passionate about helping people and have a real interest in improving the lives of others. Empathy with the elderly together with listening skills are vital. You will provide a superior standard of care in secure, relaxing and homely surroundings. Also, providing privacy, dignity, choice and encourage independence. Whilst supporting and maintaining a person centred care environment and promoting self-esteem.
You must be able to demonstrate you can work as part of a team as well as an ability to work independently. For the right candidate, this will be both a rewarding and satisfying job.
- 28 days' annual leave including bank holidays
- Forward thinking company, committed to your development
- Supportive clinical senior management team
- Opportunity to progress & carry out NVQ's in Health and Social Care
- Excellent starting salary & shift enhancements
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
At Healthier Recruitment we are dedicated in finding our candidates their ideal roles. We go above and beyond the basic requirements of our candidates to find roles that not only match their overall package expectations but provide them with an opportunity to secure a position that offers personal fulfilment and the potential to develop within an organisation that shares similar visions and values.
Each and every candidate we work with is different, and therefore we take the time to get to know you and explore the potential career options that suit you best to ensure that your transition into a new role is both a smooth, stress free and enjoyable experience.